Thursday, June 15, 2006

I recently began working for MN COACT - Minnesota Citizens Organized ACting Together - as a field canvasser. Basically what I do is: knock on people's doors, tell them about the issue we're petitioning for (Single-Payer Universal Health Care in MN & the administration of our state health programs by the Dept. of Human Services and NOT HMOs), and taking donations. They're a really great people!!! But they do not use any technology at all, and they like the old fashioned way of organizing. I'm attempting to get them to start a database to do their phoning, and look-ups, as well as alert people of the issues and get their newsletter out. I put a bug in their ear at my interview, and have been bringing it up here and there. Hopefully I'm wearing into them. Wish me luck!!!

FloBatim the HipHop Nerd: Over & Out

1 Comments:

Blogger Tonya said...

I can see huge potential starting from scratch technology-wise at your organization. Though you have your work cut out for you, I think breaking the org in with the wonder of a database will only increase their excitement for technology and they will begin to see how useful it will be in the office and then all of a sudden wonder what they ever did without it.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home