Friday, June 16, 2006

I really don't have much to say from this week, BUT - I am going to give a word of advice to those who patron myspace and other online communities (including blogs).

Please, please, please DO NOT incriminate yourself by putting pictures/videos of you doing things that are more than likely illegal. I get so sick of people getting charged with crimes because someone saw what they posted OF THEMSELVES on THEIR OWN myspace page. Let's be a little more intelligent than that people.

Having said that I'm gonna throw this piece of advice in for free. Here are some questions you should probably ask yourself before you post a pic or video on a blog or myspace:

1. Can anything visible in this pic/video be interpreted as illegal activity?
2. Am I noticeably high on an illegal substance (even if there is no visible contraband)?
3. Are there witnesses that can testify against me or extort money from me?

If you answer yes, to one or more of the above questions...BURN the damn evidence.

Now there is no reason for anyone who has read this to be incriminated by THEIR OWN blogs and/or myspace pages. You have been properly forewarned...

FloBatim the HipHop Nerd: Over & Out

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily Warren said...

I was reminded of your tips only recently in a New York Times article. The author interviewed recruiters from several large companies who said that they regularly go on myspace, friendster, etc. to check out what people have written about themselves on the web. And it has cost many people a job and/or a reputation. I think this is the problem I'm having with blogs- as I write my own blog, I keep forgetting that anyone can read it!

8:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home